Hawk Performance, known worldwide for developing friction materials that dominate on the race track and for increasing brake performance on the street with advanced brake pad compounds is elevating the friction performance industry yet again with the introduction of the new Sector 27 high performance brake rotors. Hawk Performance products are on more than 70% of the cars racing in leading race series such as the SCCA and NASA. The race track is the testing ground. The testing and data taken from the track is then transformed into new products.
“The number 27 is legendary in motorsports and performance; dozens of the World’s most famous race car drivers and race teams have raced 27. Here at Hawk we compare our products against the competition much like racetracks compare competitors. Our goal is to win each “sector”. Following the development and testing of these new rotors, it was clear that their performance deserved a legendary name, Sector 27! Our passion for motorsports, improved performance and winning is evident in the Sector 27 Brake Rotors.” stated Todd Romano, Managing Director for Hawk Performance.
Carrying the number of legends requires legendary performance, the technology and manufacturing of these rotors deliver that. The new Sector 27 Rotors are a drilled and slotted design; the beveled drilled holes provide superior cooling under the most extreme conditions. The slots are rounded which provides consistent contact between the rotor and pad while also sweeping away gas and dust; the result is a high performance rotor that enables harder, more precise braking with temperatures lowered by as much as 180 degrees. To ensure long life and to reduce rust, Sector 27 Rotors are plated with silver zinc. These elements are combined with a very precise manufacturing process ensuring each and every rotor fits perfectly and is balanced to stringent specifications.
Hawk Performance offers the Sector 27 Rotors for a multitude of vehicles including cars, trucks and SUVs and in a number of configurations; sold in pairs for the front or the rear, as a rotor and pad combo kit with 2 rotors accompanied by either Hawk’s popular HPS, new 5.0 or LTS (Light Truck SUV) brake pads for the front or rear or as a complete vehicle package containing four (4) rotors and the desired pad compound for the front and rear of vehicle. Take your street performance and stopping power to a new level with our Race Proven Street Legal, Sector 27 rotors.
Highlights of the new Sector 27 Brake Rotors
- Greatly Improved Braking Performance
- Lowered Brake Temperatures
- Precise and Predictable Control
- Consistent Pedal Feel
- Long Life
Sector 27 Brake Rotors FAQ
- What do the slots in the rotors provide: The gas-slot pattern evacuates heat gas and dust during extreme braking conditions to reduce brake fade.
- Why are there holes drilled into the rotors? Designed for the “appearance” customer who insists on a drilled/slotted rotor. Perfectly suited for a car show competitors where “looks” are everything. (Drilled rotors are not recommended for performance or severe duty use.)
- Why are the holes beveled? The holes and slots are chamfered/beveled to reduce brake pad abrasion and provide a smoother transition as the brakes are applied.
- With the wide variety of Sector 27 Rotor kits containing pads and rotors how do I determine the right kit for my vehicle? The Sector 27 Rotors kits are offered in the following ways;
- Sector 27/HPS Package. This package is ideal for performance street driven cars, the rotors are packaged with the popular HPS brake pads.
- Sector 27/High Performance Street 5.0 Package. Is for the driver that uses their street car harder and demands additional braking performance.
- Sector 27/LTS Package. The LTS package will be the choice for those driving a truck or SUV.
- All of the above packages can be purchased for the front or rear of a vehicle, they can also be ordered as a complete kit with rotors and pads for the front and rear.
- The Sector 27 Rotors are sold in pairs, is it possible to purchase a single rotor? No.
- What is warranty on the Sector 27 rotors? The Sector 27 Rotors are covered by the Hawk Performance Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- What is the wear expectancy of the Sector 27 Rotors? The wear of the Sector 27 Rotors will be determined by many factors such as driving style. The zinc coating is used to prevent rust, the precise manufacturing process using the finest materials to the tightest tolerances ensure a long life.