- Install brake pads properly. Be sure pads are securely positioned in the caliper.
- Flush system with fresh brake fluid.
- Check all hydraulic parts for excess wear and tear.
- Check disc for proper thickness, parallelism, and lateral runout.
- Check disc for scoring or grooves over .012”depth. If either applies, resurfacing is required.
- If discs do not need resurfacing, then contamination from the previous brake pads must be removed. Sand discs with 130-grit sandpaper using moderate pressure. Use soap and water to clean disc surface after sanding and machining. Discs should be free and clear of oil, grease, and brake fluid.
- Inspect calipers for freedom of movement. Lubricate where necessary.
Bed-in / Burnishing Instructions
- After installing new brake pads, make 6-to-10 stops from approximately 30-35 MPH applying moderate pressure.
- Make an additional 2-to-3 hard stops from approximately 40-45 MPH.
- DO NOT DRAG BRAKES!
- Allow at least 15 minutes for the brake system to cool down.
- After step 4 is completed, your new Hawk Performance brake pads are ready for use.
Hawk Performance will warranty products to be free of defects from workmanship and materials. This warranty does not apply to normal wear or damage caused by negligence, lack of maintenance, accident, abnormal operations, or improper installation or service. Hawk Performance does not make any other warranty claims, either expressed or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will Hawk Performance be liable for incident or consequential damages of any kind, whether such damages are claimed on account of breach of warranty, breach of contract, negligence, or strict product liability. This includes without limitation, damage to property, or other economic losses that may be incurred.
Any, and all, warranty claims must be processed through Hawk Performance.
All valid warranty claims will be replaced/reimbursed with Hawk Performance brake pads of equal or greater value.
Contact Hawk Performance at (440) 528-5000, or firstname.lastname@example.org